Voice recognition: re-dictating interview material

I'm about to buy a new PC, and one of the applications I have in mind is to
use voice-recognition software to transcribe audio-taped interviews. My
plan is to play back the interview on headphones, silently passing over the
merely phatic bits but repeating worthwhile chunks of Q&A into a microphone
for recognition by the computer.

(1) I've read in one or more computer magazines that the Pentium III chip
has been particularly successful with voice-recognition software. Can
anyone confirm this?

(2) I've also read that Dragon Preferred is far superior to IBM Via Voice.
Can anyone comment? and/or do we have any other recommended software?

(3) I have a distinct recollection that within the past few weeks one of
our number described exactly the procedure I have in mind and said he/she
had found it quite successful. If that person (or anyone else who has tried
this method) reads this message and recognizes her/himself, I'd be grateful
to know what chip and what software they'd recommend, and to have any other
advice they are inclined to share on this topic.

Thx
Eric Van Tassel