Re: hardcode.pgm anomaly--third try

flash wrote:
However, the same program in xy4 is generating the following error messages. 1st: "SX command requires a number <>", followed by "suspending Xywrite--save files to autosave.tmp files ? (y/n)". Either y or n returns a final error message: "cannot run command".

<>

I have not defined any autosave path in settings.dfl (xy4); is the cause of the 2d error? I'm not sure how to interpret, or what to do about, the SX command error.

Well, I use it fairly frequently with Xy4 and have not had problems. Of course, as I pointed out, I don't use the marker version, which is where the VAAO occurs. Try changing that piece of code to
<>>>

And yes, the lack of an autosave path in settings.dfl is almost certainly causing the 2d error. Define one. The original default was, IIRC, Pictures or Sample. I have a specially created subdirectory of editor.exe's directory called autosave.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxxxx