Re: PostScript Output from XY

Correo Fenda wrote:
Anyhow: the problem is that you need to produce accurate width tables for Xy4. The ones Robert built for us work beautifully but (believe me) it's a time consuming task.
Indeed they do, and that's not the problem. The problem is that in Ghostscript or GSView (or possibly both, I forget now) you need to edit a file (fontmap) that tells it what fonts you have loaded, and gives all sorts of info about them, some of which I don't have, since the fonts in question were ones I purchased years ago, and I think the company is out of business. The GS docs say you don't have to do this if the fonts are referenced in a GS variable set in configuration, but that didn't work the time I tried it. Probably Adobe and MicroSquelch don't WANT it to work and have done their damnedest to see that it doesn't.

Patricia M. Godfrey