Re: printing with postghst

Since most of my printing is done at a large unionized plant in Edison, N.J., I had been slow about implementing Postghst printing. But the step-by-step instructions a few days ago finally got me to give it a try.

I installed all the latest U2, Postscript, Ghostscript and GSView exactly following the directions and ran REGCFG.PM.  There was no line for:
GsPrnDev=mswinpr2
default

in REG so I added it to the Ghostscript stanza. I hope that's the right place.

There's only one printer, Setp 1 is set in Startup, etc.

My default printer is an HP Deskjet 3500.
Postfont.tst displays in all its glory when XY4 calls Ghostview.

However, printing failed. Xy4! read "Printing..." and the printer sucked in some paper, but apparently in some endless loop, the document kept growing, adding about 1 MB per second until I shut it down from the printer icon in the taskbar. It was up to 208MB/369MB.
A second try yielded the same results. Once cancelled, the printer "printed" a blank page.

Incidentally, my VA/NV $M+6 value is 7.

No doubt there is a simple setting somewhere to be tweaked. Any ideas?

Here's my startup.int file. The commented-out LDPM's are dinky little macros from years past. I'll post another question about those and CLIP separately.

 BX DEFAULT DR=C:\XY Q2;*;
; BX D EB=0,0 Q2;*;
 BX LOAD C:\XY\SETTINGS.DFL Q2 FF;;*;
 BX SETP 1 Q2
 BX LOAD C:\XY\XY4-3.KBD Q2;*;
 BX LOAD C:\XY\XY4.MNU+C:\XY\XY4.DLG Q2;*;
; BX LOAD C:\XY\XY4.HLP Q2;*;
 BX LOAD C:\XY\DICTION Q2;*;
 BX LOAD C:\XY\XYWWWEB.U2 Q2;*;
 ; BX LDSGT C:\XY\SAVEGET.SGT Q2;*;
 BX DSORT F Q2;*;
 BX C: Q2;*;
; BC ldpm atx,e
; BC ldpm words1,c
; BC ldpm inches,i
; BC ldpm mssstyle,m
; BC ldpm nytstyle,n
; BC ldpm close,f
 BX CD c:\XY Q2;*;

Thanks .

Jon Pareles

Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photobooks/*http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/evt=38088/*http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//page?.file=photobook_splash.html. You design it and we?ll bind it!