Re: Looking for XyWrite

I'd like to thank the list members for all their help in getting me started
in XyWrite. I downloaded a copy of Xy4 from the TTG BBS. Then one of the
list members sent me a copy of Xy3. I love the command line interface as
well as the speed of the program. Some of the keystroke combinations will
take a bit of getting used to. In particular I am used to Wordstar
commands, so when I type Control plus left or right arrow, I am used to
moving one word to the left or right. You get the idea.

I have several questions in particular about Xy3.

1.  How do you enter document information into a file. Version 4 allows
you to do this from Menu interface, but I would like to know the command-
line syntax for this.

2.  How do you do a search-and-replace using wild-cards? Or perhaps, I
should ask, will Xy3 handle regular expressions? If not, how do enter hex
codes. I am particularly interested how I can enter the angle-bracket
delimiters that control the formatting.

3.  I would also like to know how to write macros and how to expand
abbreviations in Xy3.

4.  Finally, how do I do command-line recall in Xy3?

Thanks.

Russell