Re Is it a M$ world?

As I may have mentioned on this list, one of my jobs is copy editing
Copy Editor newlestter. The coming issue has an article about
avoiding overformatting and cleaning up MSS that are afflicted with it.
Fine. The problem is, the whole article is predicated on the assumption
that EVERYONE is using Word. Now we know that's not the case. And I
don't think CE can, or needs to, spell out how to do all this in Xy, NB,
or even WordPerfect. People who use those tools know how to use them.
But I do think it should acknowledge that there are other tools out
there. "Niche" tools if you will, but others.
How do the rest of us, especially those in publishing, feel about this?
Should I let sleeping dogs lie, or should I stand up for diversity? If I
raise the issue, may I cite publishers who use Xy/NB? George Scithers,
Weird Tales is still (pardon the expression) a name to conjure
with among those who know anything about the history of speculative
fiction. May I cite it?

Patricia M. Godfrey