Re lost P-L

Dear Robert

I found that my default XM setting was wrong. I have reset the defaults and everything is back to
normal.

However the X on the status line persists. It is the indicator that XYwrite is writing from memory
to disk, and it appears to be triggered by spell-checking, or shelling out to DOS. Once that has
happened the X is there to stay. The same thing does not happen on my laptop. Have you come
across this before?  Could it be hardware related?

Best wishes

Paul