Re: STACK STACK STACK

On 11/17/96 at 11:25 AM,
  Robert Holmgren  said (in so many words):

<- STACK all over your screen actually
<- reflected David Erickson's  mind-joggled enthusiasm for Stack v2.0,
<- which David Auerbach and I released back  around 1988. It was a
<- programmer's (rather peculiar) way of saying that you  should shut
<- down and reflect how much easier life, and writing, would be if  you
<- used Stack. By the time Xy4 rolled around, everybody was using Stack
<- anyway,  so he eased up a bit on the pressure (unduly heavyhanded --
<- crashed your session,  even -- the whole episode was embarrassing).
<-

Ahh, humor returns to the list at last.
Speaking of the good old days, let's have a pool to be adjudicated by TTG
who we know are eavesdropping. How many programming person-hours per week
(averaged over the last year-to-date) have been devoted to perusing the
Xy4DOS buglist and squashing bugs.  Smallest allowable unit is the
half/hour. A year after Nathan submits the "updated just in case the dog
ate your copy" buglist to TTG we can have another pool.

--
                     Regards,
                     David

How can you expect to govern a country that has 246 kinds of cheese?
               --Charles de Gaulle

David Auerbach              auerbach@xxxxxxxx (David Auerbach)
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU