Re: Problem with graphics view...?

Robert Holmgren wrote:
I can't do that on any machine. Always Frozen.
Yes, and only that one here. All the others lock up. The odd thing is that that is probably the bottom-of-the-barrel box: PCChips mobo, and their cheapest model. El Cheapo in spades.
My point is this: if any of this works for you, consider it a gift. If it doesn't work, the reason is that it wasn't designed to work. I'm not opposed for any reason to working in Desktop windows! Why would anyone be? I'm just saying that when it fails, the reason is obvious: XyWrite wasn't designed for Desktop windows.
Understood. It's just that I tend to think hardware is more important than we sometimes give it credit for. E.G., browsing the archive, I've found two people who claimed to NOT have a jerky cursor in windowed mode on XP. If only we could find out what hardware they're using. That's why I think it "not technologically respectable" for people not to know what hardware they're using.
If you want to work around the problem, use GoXy.exe: goxy "{self}" /key(ALETWT{1000})key(whatever_key_toggles_into_Graphics) For Maben, it would be: goxy "{self}" /key(ALETWT{1000}SHF8) Stick it on a key: nn=XHBXd,o,s,/,n,v,/,z, ,/,c, ,g,o,x,y, ,",{,s,e,l,f,},", ,/,k,e,y,(,A,L,E,T,W,T,{,1,0,0,0,},S,H,F,8,),Q2 If a full second (1000ms) is more than you need for the machine to adjust to fullscreen, reduce the value -- to 800, 500, whatever. Go.HTM explains how to use this util: http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/dwnload.cgi?download=Go.ZIP
Thanks. Shift F8 is my key too (never changed it from the out-of-the-box assignment), so I'll give this a whirl, though, as I said, I practically never use graphic mode. PS Did so, but on this box at least I have to hit Alt-enter to get back into draft mode after running it. ALt-F8 (my key for Func WG) doesn't work (neither does Func WG on the command line). Since I don't have MWP's problem of freezing when going direct from draft to graphics, I think I'll stick with the native command--on the rare occasions I need it. -- Patricia M. Godfrey PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx