Re: Problem with graphics view...?

** Reply to message from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  on Wed, 31
May 2006 09:49:46 -0400

> 2) On ONE
> machine, I can not only go straight from windowed to
> Graphics mode, but once in Graphics mode I can hit
> ALT-Enter and get graphics mode in a window and Xy
> remains fully operational.

I can't do that on any machine. Always Frozen. My point is this: if any of
this works for you, consider it a gift. If it doesn't work, the reason is that
it wasn't designed to work. I'm not opposed for any reason to working in
Desktop windows! Why would anyone be? I'm just saying that when it fails, the
reason is obvious: XyWrite wasn't designed for Desktop windows. That just
seems crystal clear. And the solution is equally obvious, because in
fullscreen VGA everything works. Graphics view is a very odd video mode. You
seldom see anything like it nowadays, although it was formerly more common. It
works *reliably* only in fullscreen VGA.

If you want to work around the problem, use GoXy.exe:
 goxy "{self}" /key(ALETWT{1000})key(whatever_key_toggles_into_Graphics)

For Maben, it would be:
 goxy "{self}" /key(ALETWT{1000}SHF8)

Stick it on a key:
nn=XHBXd,o,s,/,n,v,/,z, ,/,c, ,g,o,x,y, ,",{,s,e,l,f,},",
,/,k,e,y,(,A,L,E,T,W,T,{,1,0,0,0,},S,H,F,8,),Q2

If a full second (1000ms) is more than you need for the machine to adjust to
fullscreen, reduce the value -- to 800, 500, whatever.

Go.HTM explains how to use this util:
 http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/dwnload.cgi?download=Go.ZIP

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx