Re: looks like I've been hijacked

Robert,
Thanks so much. This looks really good. I'll investigate. Is AT&T service good qua phone? Good coverage? Clear, non-noisy connections?

--Harry
> How do you write programs for a cell phone? What kind of phone, what language?

An AT&T "Tilt" aka HTC-8925 aka "HTC-Kaiser", which operates
under Windows Mobile v6 (a slim version of Windows). I think I
used nScriptm to write that app -- did it a year ago. You can
do almost anything with this mobile that you can do with a real
computer. And I do mean *anything*, from looking at your real
computer back home via VNC or Remote Desktop (and transferring
files to/fro), to streaming video/audio, to functioning as a
modem for a laptop, to superb GPS mapping, to, well -- ANYthing.
And it's a GSM phone that works worldwide, which is critical to
me. Even runs DOS.

There are lots of ways to write programs for a mobile phone.
Several scripting languages, C, C++, VB. If you really don't
know anything about this, then go to forum.xda-developers.com
and learn -- these are not toys, nor really are they mere
"mobile phones"; these are tiny computers with 400MHz processors
that do amazing stuff. My Tilt even has a slide-out keyboard.
Opera Mobile and (especially) Opera Mini are stunning browsers
for these mobiles. I could go on...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx

Harry Binswanger