Re: marvelous tongue

Very good explanition of the significant differences in languages.  I
believe what you've described in the national culture that is defined by
and defined into a given language.  We in the USA can be thankful that
in the early day of this country, Daniel Webster defined - via a
"national" dictionary - a common language that has since evolved by our
culture.  In my opinion, the biggest problem facing the EU is just what
you've described.  Until they can agree on a common "language" that can
elvolve into a common culture, they will continue to be separate
countires.
  Thanks again for the education!
Dick  Giering