Re: XyWin and WindowsXP

A little while ago I wrote to this list about my XyWin in XP problem
(XyWin would not launch). Members of the list kindly suggested I switch to
XyDos.
Sadly I have to report that I have got so used to my little icons at the
top of the screen that I was reluctant to do, though was prepared to do so
in extremis.
However a curious thing has occurred. Fortified by the knowledge I can
always switch to XyDos I made the upgrade, a fairly painful process as
going from Me to XP is very different - as I was warned. I have three
computers on our home network. On two of them XyWin works flawlessly. On
the third - my son's - it won't work, getting stuck at the wowexe. stage.
As my son's computer is just used for gaming (!) I have left it there - not
worth a lot of time investigating what is interfering with the launch of
XyWin. God knows (perhaps) what he has got on his machine!

Paul Williams