LABELS

I've completed a program to format an address list containing only one field
form two-column labels.  Now I want to write one to format address lists to
take out the unnecessary fields.  However, when I proceed according to
directions in Application note #?, I unload the printer file, then TYPEF
data+label,output;  when I call up the output I find that the two carriage
returns now separating the records are somehow non-standard.  In other words,
when I CH /ctrl-enter ctrl-enter/ctrl-enterctrl-enter/,  I get the error
"not found".  I found that running FIXCR makes whatever the strange carriage
returns are into standard ones.  What do you suppose is goin on?  I hope I
explained this ok.  it's almost lunchtime and i'm getting hypoglycemic!!!!!
luv, brenda