Lock-up problem

When I open XyDOS or (more often?) XyWin, I sometimes find that the
keyboard is locked up, or else it responds to the first command but not to
subsequent commands. The only solution is apparently to close XyWrite and
restart it, or - increasingly often - to reboot the computer itself.

Presumably something is corrupted in the bowels of XyWrite, or somewhere:
where do I start looking?

(I imagine these are both XyWrite problems, not DOS or Win3.1, since other
programs in Win3.1 haven't produced this particular problem of a
non-responsive keyboard.)

I'll be grateful for any advice.

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel