DESCRIBE VS X

 -> J.L. Gordon:
XY-> I agree about speed not being the only issue. But one thing that has
 -> puzzled me now that I have experience of several 32 bit OS/2 word
 -> processors is the loss of speed. Moving to this higher level of operating
 -> does not appear to bring speed benefits. Maybe the apps need to be more
 -> carefully written, I don't know. Despite Describe being described as fast I

J., It's not so puzzling. The OS is more complex, so everything
takes longer: more aspects to consider. Think of a person playing
a single game of ping-pong with a single paddle versus a person
playing two games of ping-pong on two tables with two paddles
simultaneously. The latter requires more concentration, and the
moves won't be as good.

The above isn't a value judgment, just a resource aspect.

My own feeling is that if anyone truly wants a personal word
processor, that person would have to write it. In the meantime,
Xy is pretty good--3+ anyway. :)

--Chet
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx  or  chet@xxxxxxxx