Re: not an xy problem but Java-script who can help

** Reply to message from  on Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:29:22
+0200

> ===??my question is??==========
> how to coververt
> a hexadecimal nummer (for instance oXFFCC99)
> to a (apha)string
> of real 2 characters F, 2 characters C en 2 characters 9
> so it can be used in some HTML-Color-atributes wich use an
> hexadecimal notation
> like "#FFCC99"

I'm not sure that I follow you. Isn't your hexadecimal number _already_ an
alpha $tring? It looks like one to me (FFCC99). Just prepend the "#"
character.

If your source value isn't in form "FFCC99", then how is it stated? As decimal
(16764057)? Or what?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx