not an xy problem but Java-script who can help

I know this question has nothing to do with XY
but may be someone can give me I hint or soluton.

==intro=========
Just for fun and hobby I made some times ago my own website; to
publish some genealogical information.

Now I want to do more and on a more sophisticted (and sometimes
smarter or shorter) way.
So I bougt a simple base-course-book of JAVA-script.
This book tells something about BITWISE-operators wich should be
used for hexadecimal coversion but an explanation (or example)
was not given. I tryed to search google for an answer but didn't
find anything i could use.

===??my question is??==========
how to coververt
a hexadecimal nummer (for instance oXFFCC99)
to a (apha)string
of real 2 characters F, 2 characters C en 2 characters 9
so it can be used in some HTML-Color-atributes wich use an
hexadecimal notation
like "#FFCC99"

Thanks in advance

fijne Paasdagen = joyeux jours de Paques = nice Eastern days

gretings
carel

P.s. i yust got used to French, so sorry for wrong Englisch and
my spelling-checker is Dutch