Re: Curious behavior of two shifting keys

At 02:04 PM 9/27/98 +0000, Carl Distefano wrote:

>Reply to note from "R Tennenbaum"  Sat,
>26 Sep 98 20:15:06 -0500
>

>-> Some keyboard problems with fixpacks were posted on usenet some
>-> months ago, just around the time I started having them. The
>-> remedy then was to backlevel IBMKBD.SYS located in \OS2\BOOT\.
>
>Well, I just installed FixPak 8 and that didn't help. I guess I'll
>rummage around for that old file.
>
>--------------
>Carl Distefano

I *said* lifting IBMKBD.SYS from the Warp CD seemed to fix. But it didn't.
Slight
improvement, maybe, no more. Now I've installed FixPak 8, and that *does*
help.
Left Alt responds crisply. Right Ctrl may be a little sluggish but I've no
complaints.
(OS2\BOOT\IBMKBD.SYS is revised in FixPak 8, as is KBDBASE.SYS.)

Sorry, Carl, that it hasn't worked for you.

Thanks to all for your help.

Robert Hemenway