Automatic indexing

I am a new list member, but have been using XyWrite since III. I am facing
an unfamiliar task of making an index for a large book, and I wonder if this
topic has been addressed on the list in the past. Can someone give me a
date range if so, and I will retrieve the thread. Otherwise, I'm looking
for any hints that will make it go as smoothly as possible. Thanks.

James Enterline
            144 West 95th Street  1 (212) 865-9648 Voice/Fax
            New York NY 10025    jenterli@xxxxxxxx