Automatic indexing -Reply

James:

How large an index, and how large the book? I did a 100 page
cookbook in XyWrite several years ago, and had probably a half
a dozen index entries per page (Main courses, beef, chinese,
etc.). As I recall, III+ had a dreadful time handling the indexes.
Version IV seemed to work better.

Steve

>>> James Enterline  08/22/96 12:24pm

I am a new list member, but have been using XyWrite since III.
I am facing
an unfamiliar task of making an index for a large book, and I
wonder if this
topic has been addressed on the list in the past. Can someone
give me a
date range if so, and I will retrieve the thread. Otherwise, I'm
looking
for any hints that will make it go as smoothly as possible.
Thanks.

James Enterline
            144 West 95th Street  1 (212) 865-9648
Voice/Fax