Re: columns, footnotes

At 10:02 PM 5/31/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> If I attempt to delete a vertical block. . . .

Carlo Caballero:

>I've found that Xy3 locks up if the first action I take (besides calling
>up a file and scrolling down) is to attempt to define a column table from
>the TOP of the column. . . .

Hi, every-  I had in mind something simpler. All I
one! Lots  want to do is to delete the content of a
of goodies  rectangle (of text or spaces or whatever)
for all   that doesn't extend from left to right.
tastes.   Just like the junk on the left of this
All we need paragraph. I'd start a block with the
is your   "H" of "Hi", and end it with the space
credit    immediately preceding the word
card!    RHINOCEROSES, and then delete it.

Ugh, you've forced me to get up and RTFM. OK, I believe that in Xyspeak
what I want to zap is a "column of text" (as opposed to a "block of text"),
and that with plain manila Xy4Win/DOS I'd mark it with Alt-F3 at the top
left and F3 at the bottom right.

But I'm very interested to read that you manage to crash even Xy3 with a
certain set of keystrokes soon after it has been opened--whereas the
program will happily obey when first given time to warm up.
Peter Evans