Re: Xy4 - OS options

If you want to install Linux and Windows on the same machine, consider Grub:
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Multiboot-with-GRUB.html

I use the SuperGrub disk for managing partitions (it can even rescue Windows partitions!):
http://www.supergrubdisk.org/category/download/supergrubdiskdownload/
Go classic, I don't like the newer versions of SuperGrub.

For installing Ubuntu, consider Netboot - booting from files on a hard disk:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/NetbootInstallFromInternet

Then there is UNetbootin, which allows you to create bootable Live USB drives for Ubuntu, Fedora,
and other Linux distributions without burning a CD.
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)