Re: Xy4 - OS options

On 06/10/2011 02:38 AM, Kari Eveli wrote:
If you want to install Linux and Windows on the same machine, consider Grub: http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Multiboot-with-GRUB.html
I'm fine with Grub, be it Grub Legacy or Grub 2, but turning your master boot record over to it the first time you install Linux is a mistake, I think. Unfortunately, making that mistake, and not making it clear what the options are (and what the ultimate effects of those options might be -- Where did Windows go when I deleted my Linux partition?), are what most Linux distros do by default. And, Grub2, which is more complicated to edit than the old Grub, is standard now in many distros. Better to use EasyBCD or something else that is managed from Windows initially. Paul Lagasse