Re: killing EOF character

Tim:

Excellent idea to incorporate the EOF routine in the menus. I look
forward to posting the update. I am a confirmed user of COMPACT now.
There are certain features that I depend on, such as ABAN and REOPEN.
I have modified the file to call the latter from the command line with
RE.

May I make a further request? I hate demands that I confirm something
that I obviously wanted to do or I wouldn't have entered the command.
The two most bothersome are in (a) quitting, and (b) logging the open
files to a standard filename (I use LOG) and quitting, all with one
keystroke. Wolfie B. worked out an XPL program for (b), but it
doesn't work with COMPACT.

May I also suggest changing the name of the next version back to
ENHANCE?

--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science