Re: AW: Re: Wireless access (off topic)

Robert wrote: "my farm *is* a public park, or open to the public anyway
(an
arboretum)." It's nice to know that people can walk around the
arboretum. So long as they behave themselves. But what if they take a
notion to clean out your refrigerator? Or drive around in your car?

Networking is my business. I see what damage is done by letting unknown
people have unrestricted access to networks. It's not fear in my case,
but experience. The damage need not be caused by malice; mischievousness
or ineptitude suffice.

As you say, most people are moral; the likelihood is small that you'll
be affected by the very few who are not. Nonetheless, the trouble such
people can cause is great. In a perfect world, I'd agree with you:
sharing would be better.