RE: Amazing Discovery (to me)

** Reply to note from "Beeson, Douglas"  03/19/96 11:06am PST

> Concerning the WOAFON14 fonts, they all seem to display the same size on my
> Win 3.1 machine at work. There seems to be no difference between 9x16, 9x11
> or 10x12 in XyWin. On the other hand, I can easily see the difference
> between the fonts when I view them in the Control Panel. Do you notice a
> clear difference between fonts?

They are very different sizes on my machine. Indeed, I was tempted to note
something that I'd never observed before (because I didn't have more than one
draft font), that the height of XyWin's command and prompt lines dramatically rises
and falls with the size of the draft font. 8515OEM.FON yields an incredibly "high"
(wide) command line; looks to me like about 25 rows is all that would fit on the
screen.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx