Re: Convert from XyWrite to Word for Windows

For Martin Johnson, who asked about converting Xy files to Word6:
One way, if your XyWrite files aren't too complicated, is to convert to RTF.
 Word6 sees RTF files as almost native -- it opens them with only one
intervening step. I think you have to name the files with an .RTF extension,
but I'm not sure. Anyhow, Word seems to autorecognize any filename.RTF file
I throw at it. Word6 also reads Word2 files without complaining, if you have
a W4W filter for that.

Another really nifty product is Conversions Plus, which not only converts
just about everything but reads high-density Mac disks as well. It doesn't
have XyWrite filters, but I have found that WordPerfect 5.1 is a great
intermediate format, sometimes even preserving typefaces (WP5.1 used Speedo
fonts).