Re: An Equation Editor For XyWrite

Mr. Frank;

I am sorry that I have not returned an answer to you over the last week, as
I have been rather out of sorts.

KF>Carter Campbell asked about a decent equation editor for XyWrite. Are
KF>you asking for DOS or Windows?

DOS

KF>Co-incidentally, I got a call yesterday from a vendor who has exactly
KF>such an animal for Windows and was asking whether we had interest in it.
KF>I asked him to forward a demo to me so we could evaluate it.

That would be interesting. I would be interested to know the
results of your evaluation.

KF>There is a package called, I believe, MathEdit which worked
for the DOS KF>product and we were waiting for a Windows version
from them. To date I KF>haven't heard much about it, and have
not pursued it too much because we
KF>don't get a lot of requests for it. If we do take it further, would you
KF> be interested in testing such a package?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I would be interested. I haven't
really heard too much about them, mostly, I would say, because I
haven't delved into this area of the industry that much; however,
there are times when I do have need of such a thing.

KF>Also, it may be helpful for you to let us know of any particular
KF>requirements that we should be aware of.

I would if I knew all of the requirements beforehand myself. :-)
Often I have requests from clients, asking if I can include
specific information, etc., at which point I have to say yes or
no. I do have need for an equation editor that I can import into
XyDOS 4 at this time. Tomorrow, who knows?

Carter Campbell campbelc@xxxxxxxx carterc@xxxxxxxx
Calgary, Alberta, Canada.