RE: Email and XyWrite (was limping ...)

At 22-07-99 -0400, you wrote:
>Re:
>> Richard Giering
>
>>  I'm told that you can store the XY file and attach it to
>E-mail but I've never tried this - my
>> e-mail files are relatively small and this would be for long
>files.
>
>You can do it for any file--and its easy and quick (at least in
>Outlook 98.)
>
>Open a new e:mail, go to Insert, File, and when the insert box
>comes up, on the right middle part of the box are two selections,
>Text and Attachments. Click on Text and then find your file and
>double click on it. The file will pop right into the e:mail
>almost ready to go.
>
>TR...

Well, yes, but should it be easier? My copy of XyWin has a "Send Mail ..."
entry in the FILE menu. Click on it and you are invited to send either
current file or choose a file. And then? "SMI not enabled in WIN INI
cannot send mail."

So what is SMI, and how do I enable it?

The XyWin help file states:
2.	Activate the Send Mail option in the File menu by adding the following
statement to the Windows initialization file (WIN.INI) :

	[Mail]
	SMI=1

3.	Add the path for the mail application to the path statement in AUTOEXEC.BAT.

I've done all that but still get the above error message. I do wonder
whether Autoexec.bat likes long directory names (Program files/Eudora Mail)
so I have made it PROGRAM~ etc. But XyWin speaks with forked tongue when it
says SMI not enabled.

My Email software (Eudora) talks of MAPI which should enable transfer of
files from one Windows application to another. Is this connected to SMI?
Anyone out there successfully used this feature in XyWin?

PW