Re: Xy Win/macros, etc.

riverunner wrote:

> Normals - merging a set of formats or sentences/words/paragraphs that are
> repeated over and over, so that you don't have to retype them or re-format
> with each new document.
>
> Mimi

Styles are exactly that! I think that's the best way to work, just
create a file that contains all the styles you'll probably need, and
merge it into your current document. Here's a highly simplified one,
showing you an h1, a flush left paragraph, an indented paragraph, and an
indent for a block quote or a list.

≪ufcgtimes≫≪sz11pt≫≪lm10≫≪rm70≫≪SSh1,md=bo,fl≫≪ssflush,fl,ip=0,0≫≪ssindent,ip=5,0≫≪ssblock,lm=15,rm=65,ip=0,0≫

When you want to invoke one, just go to the command line and enter US
fl, or whatever, and that style will be in effect before you change it.
Notice, too, the commands that I've put in before the ≪ssh1≫
style--these would be the defaults. Note that the default margins will
then be in effect everywhere except for ssblock.
So will the typeface and size. You could change them within the styles
themselves if you wanted to. Notice the use of equal signs within the
styles. It doesn't matter, by the way, if you have a style at the top
that you don't invoke in that particular document--XyWrite doesn't mind
a bit. The reverse of course isn't true!
--
Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press