Recovering deleted files

Attached is a Zip file containing BigBin, a free utility for Win95 from
PCMagazine. When you run it, BigBin sits in your system tray and intercepts
DOS deletes, sending them to the Recycle Bin. This includes XyWrite DOS
deleted files and BAK files if you have the auto backup turned on. In effect,
it can give you infinite undelete if you simply Save your document just
before doing anything big (like CHange or ChangeInvisible or changing all
your fonts): As you save, the previous BAK is deleted and the current file
becomes the BAK file. When you screw up, just look in Recycle and grab the
latest BAK -- or go back as many generations as you need to get to where you
want to be.. I haven't tried this with AutoSave, but I bet something useful
would show up in the Recycle Bin.

In 2 years or so of running BigBin, I've never had a glitch.

Tim Baehr
baehr@xxxxxxxx

P.S. I don't know if I've reported this, but I've left Zoom Telephonics and
am now at Lotus, working as a tech writer.