Re: will doxbox work with mac?

Andy,
≪I've seen a lot of postings about dosbox, but don't know what it is. Wikipedia says it's "ported" for mac osx. Does that mean it will run in a mac? are there good dos simulators that will run in a mac?

I love my mac laptop, but I'd love it more if I could run xywrite. ≫
There are various emulators, including iEmulator and DosBox, which will run under various versions of Mac OS X. What they are is simulated Windows or DOS environments in Mac OS X which allow you to run Windows or DOS programs on Mac hardware. I tried both iEmulator and Dosbox, found them both a bit kludgey--which is not to say they won't work, only that I gave up tweaking them to try to make them work. I switched to Virtual PC instead.
This has become much less of an issue since Mac changed over to Intel
processors. Wait for Snow Leopard, is my advice to Mac users who want
Xywrite functionality.
OS X Snow Leopard, due out in a few months, you will be able to run any
Windows/DOS program in a native Windows environment on the Mac. No need
for DosBox or any other emulators.