Re: will doxbox work with mac?

--- On Sun, 1/18/09, flash  wrote:

> I tried both iEmulator and
> Dosbox,
> found them both a bit kludgey--which is not to say they
> won't work, only
> that I gave up tweaking them to try to make them work. I
> switched to
> Virtual PC instead.

So, VirtualBox never made it over to the Mac ? I heard that
development on it may have stalled, but its functionality re
Win, Linux, and eCS (port) were said to be pretty good. I
saw a demo of the latter, and think it may have been approaching
the level of VPC, with some things (like sound support) still
needing to be done.

> OS X Snow Leopard, due out in a few months, you will be
> able to run any
> Windows/DOS program in a native Windows environment on the
> Mac. No need
> for DosBox or any other emulators.

Sounds good. Mac has been gaining some ground the last couple
years, no doubt in part to that clever TV ad campaign. But
their exorbitant pricing continues to help keep their market-share
ceiling close overhead, and now this situation with Jobs' condition
raises way more concerns than any one person should ever influence
a major company's prospects.

 Jordan