Re: Printer help (again)

John,
I've run Xy4 in a DOS box using the Xy printer driver - no problems in Win 95 or XP (I tend to skip
generations!). Using Win to control the display (as in a DOS box) has nothing to do with printing,
AFAIK.

My printers have included my venerable HP IIIP, a Brother LED, and the HP 6-whatever (the cheapie).
My Xy-original drivers are fine; the IIIP driver and the driver for the HP 4 series. The key is PCL.
XyWrite drivers for the HP printers are OK with PCL 3 and above, in my experience.

Windows-only printers probably don't support PCL, which is HP's proprietary page description
language. The Brother just happened to have HP emulation.

Cheers,
Tim Baehr