xywrite under xp making shortcut - full screen or menu

Dear Robert and Patricia

 Thank you for your help.  I am making progress but clearly I am doing something very wrong.  Initially I tried on my own to create a shortcut at Patricia's suggestion and than I remembered Robert's advice to me on creating shortcut in the archives but something is not working but I do not know what I am overlooking.

I think I followed Robert's directions in the archives of Sat, 3 Dec 2005 22:30:23 -0500 with regard setting up properties but lcearly I am missing something.  When under properties and the tab for screen if I check window, xy seems to work perfectly but not in a full window.  On the other hand
if click full screen it looks like xywrite is loading but then it closes and goes back to the desktop.  I want to work in full screen.

Initially when at Patricia's suggestion I created a shortcut on my own on the desktop to start xywrite, I got a screen, and a partial xywrite.  It appears that xywrite partially loads.  The menu and help files do not load, I do not have color, and I can not open a second window.

Under properties in the shortcut I created on my own under tab for program the command line reads "c:\xy4\editor/e4000"

Under tab for misc.  "allow screen save", "always suspend" "warn if still active and "fast pasting" are checked.

Under the tab for compatability noting is checked.

Under the tab general it reads "xy on c" and atributes is checked.

Under the tab Memory - conventional memory is set at auto, initial environment is also set at auto.   Expanded memory is is 5120.  Extended memory is none.  hma is checked and dpmi is on "auto"

Under the tab Misc - foregroud allow is checked, background is also checked, under mouse nothing is checked.  Under termination "warn if still active is checked.  Under other "Fast pasting" is checked and all shortcuts are checked.

 Again thanks for your help I need it.

mailto:avromf@xxxxxxxx or mailto:af413@xxxxxxxx