Re: xywrite under xp making shortcut - full screen or menu

> When under properties and the tab for screen if I check window, xy
seems to work perfectly but not in a full window. On the other hand
if click full screen it looks like xywrite is loading but then it closes and goes back to the
desktop. I want to work in full screen.
Try two other things. One, create a DOS prompt shortcut (find cmd.exe
in your Windows folder, right click on it, chose create shortcut).
Double click on it to open it. Then right-click on the topmost bar of
the resulting window, click on the Screen tab, and set it to full
screen. Does the DOS prompt switch to full screen? Can you type in it?
Issue commands? Type dir *.* and hit return. If you get a list of
files, Full-screen is working on that system, and the problem is
probably a Xy setting. If not, something's skew-whiff in your Windows
setup or just possibly hardware or BIOS.
Also I know you want to run Xy full screen, but try opening it (get it
fully loaded) in a window, then hitting ALT-Enter. That should put it
into full screen. Report what happens.
I'll check your other properties with the ones I use when running Xy
on w2k at the office later. What are you using for screen length? In
Properties and in settings.dfl? Mismatches there have been reported to
scramble things.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx