Re: Using styles

Like Jeff, I find that Styles are an area in which XyW can seem to behave
irrationally - that is, imposing its own preferences (in gatesian fashion)
on my work.

I've just tried to reproduce Jeff's problem, without success.

Does the glitch occur if you use the keyboard-based menu to insert the
style - i.e. hit CTL+SHFT+S to put up a menu of all currently valid styles
- instead of typing "US ..." on the CM line? Does it occur equally whether
you use (e.g.) ≪MDUL≫ or ≪MD+UL≫ to define the mode as part of the
style definition?

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel

PS: The XyQuirk of inserting an unwanted ≪MDNM≫ that irritates _me_ is
the case where, out of laziness, I decide I'm going to be re-using a block
that comprises (let's say)
         ≪MD-IT≫≪MD+SU≫≪C1≫≪MD-SU≫≪MD+IT≫
in order to insert sequential superscript numbers, in roman, in the midst
of an all-italic text.
    If I decide to save that as a separate file (SUPER.MDL) and to save
the keystrokes "{BC}me SUPER.MDL{XC}" temporarily (so they can be
re-executed with SHFT+F9), the string indented above appears in the text -
tout court, if I'm in expanded mode, but followed by ≪MDNM≫ if I'm not.
    The answer in my case, of course, is to attach either the
keystrokes or a mini-program to a saveget key.
    So much for my grumble.