Re: NB filter question

Leslie Bialler:
>Ah. I, too, have run into this problem. The answer is simple: it's the
>reverse of getting the word for word filters to work with anything past
>Win 6.0. Open the RTF file in Word. World will recognize it and open it.
>Then, do a save as to whatever version of word you have at your
>disposal. Then open it in NB, and voila!

Of course I can work around it, but why? I want my word processor to be
have a filter for the most widely used intermediate format of all.
Also, out goes again the option of recommending NB to others. Just like
recommending a XY-Win is impossible because of the absurd installation
procedure, I can not possibly recommend a program that balks on RTF files.
I would be laughed out of the office.
About 90% of my jobs come in as RTF. Is RTF really unheard of in the
academic world?

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo