Re: I want to go geek .. and VPC?

Reply to note from "Robert Holmgren"  Tue, 29
May 2007 23:35:10 -0400

> > I have learned that while Vista does have a "Command Prompt"
> feature, it does not support "Full-Screen" mode.
>
> Not true. Vista does FullScreen VGA (text mode/black
> screen/looks like DOS) *perfectly*!

Well, hmmm. There is a lot of chatter to the contrary in Usenet
(microsoft.public.windows.vista.general and elsewhere). Also,
Edward Mendelson addresses the question, here:
http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/vista.html

The consensus seems to be that it's a video driver issue, i.e., that
Vista drivers (WDDM) do not support full-screen mode, and that to
get full screen you need to install XP video drivers (XDDM) in
Vista.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.clipper/msg/bc6094bc73dc4742?hl=en&;

Coming from me, this is all hearsay. I have no experience with Vista.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx