Re: Xy to Word

Nancy asks:

> Oh, really? I deal with this problem all the time, and Word has never worked
> this particular magic for me. I recently produced a 40,000-word ms. in XyDOS
> 4.017, opened it in Word, and had to manually replace every (")--which Word
> recognizes as an inch mark--and change every (--) to an em dash. If there's
> an easier method, I'd love to hear about it.

Easy! Save the XyWrite file as an RTF file. Then in Word, go to
tools/options/autocorrect and turn off the feature that changes typewriter
quotes to "printer" quotes. Then do a search and replace in word. In the search
box insert the regular typewriter quotes, and in the replace box, yep, insert
the regular typewriter quotes.

Cazart!

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)