Re: Sig And Xy4

Robert, thank you for the support. XyWrite for Windows was just announced at
NEXPO this past weekend. It is/was shown in approximately six booths including
Harris Co. We expect the release date to be mid to late July. The beta has been
progressing very well, and the response from beta sites has been positive with
respect to the overall performance, functionality and look of the product.

You are quite right that Sig and XY4 are very similar products from a feature
and function perspective. My belief is that customers were really thrown back
by the CUA keyboard layout (we should have prepared the XY3 keyboard files
before shipping).

Just to give you an idea of the Windows product, XyWrite for Windows provides
the look and feel of the major Windows products such as WordPerfect and Word,
from the perspective of the interface. We do however maintain the command line
interface as well. We have actually been able to incorporate the command line
with all of it's previous capabilities from other XyWrite products. The user
has the option of displaying the command line either at the bottom of the
screen, or at the top (just under the buttons). The command line is a bit
thinner than in our other products but is very easy to use and to see (without
drowning out other components on the display). You can display documents in the
default Windows graphic environment, or use our old display modes of draft or
expanded. Basically, you can use the product almost the same way as our DOS
based versions. I do this quite often.

Finally, I agree, especially with OS/2. I've been pushing for that platform for
two years now (we do have the engine at an OEM level). Our new regiment will
hopefully vision the future in a way which will benefit both our users as well
as our company.

Regards, SysOp