NB: Hands off the command line!

I received a friendly mail from Steve Semper of NB who answered some
questions I had about NB (e.g. why the command line works in ASCII while
the text is in ANSI).

One remark he made caught my eye: He says NB plans to turn the command line
in a "drop down box". This makes my mental alarm lights go on. Does
drop-down box mean they want to tamper with the simple and perfect
F5/F10/F9 (or whatever one subsitutes) procedure? Maybe inserting an
additional rodent step in order to get to the command line? Like the
Windows "Run" box?

If that is the case, sayonara NB, too bad about the USD 99, hello again
XY-Win and endless install routines and Protection Violations, and what a
shame. I hope other users will register their concerns.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo