Re: Xy3 text into Outlook E-mail

Reply to note from Peter Brown  Wed, 1 Dec 1999
08:45:46 -0000

-> I use Xy version 3.56. Some time ago I wrote a little kbd macro
-> ... to get Xy-composed text into E-mail messages. This has
-> worked well in Microsoft Exchange, but [not in] Microsoft
-> Outlook. ... I suspect the issue is 16 vs. 32 bit. I'm using
-> append file as text (not attachment) in both Exchange and in
-> Outlook. Outlook sees nothing. OTOH, using Xy4-DOS, Outlook
-> appends text just fine.

I can't imagine how Xy3 vs. Xy4 could possibly make a difference.
Or 16 vs. 32 bit. A text file is a text file. If it's visible to
Explorer, it should be visible to Outlook. Surely this is a
Microsoft issue.

I know zilch about Outlook -- but what, precisely, do you mean when
you say it "sees nothing"? In other words, you do what, and the
program responds how?

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/