Re: XyWin

Hello,

You can use it under Windows 7 by installing the Win 3.1 runtime
solution by Edward Mendelson. I had my XyWin in VirtualPC, and I just
copied the installation (XW and btfonts folders) to Win31dosbox C-DRIVE
and created a program group and program item in Presentation Manager,
and added XW path to windows.bat (Win31dosbox substitute of
autoexec.bat). As you see, the program is not dead, it runs very well
under this environment. You could also run it under VirtualBox W2K, but
Edward's solution is more straightforward and gives you instant access
to the files from the Win 7 side.

Go to: http://www.columbia.edu/%7Eem36/win31dosbox.html
for setup instructions.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

Sorry to not agree with you, Bill. In my opinion, XyWin is (and was from beginning) better than Xy4 Dos. Not perfect, far from to  be perfect. It's buggy? Yes, but not buggier than Xy4 Dos. And, for me, more comfortable and faster than Xy4 Dos. /"And no, XyWin was never usable. Very promising, but unusable"/ Unusable now, under Win7 and following MS operating systems, but satisfactorily usable in previous versions of Windows. I continue to use it in a secondary PC, which runs Win XP. Any way, dead. Unhappily. Adriano Ortile