Re: XyWrite to Go?

I wonder if MS-bashing Harmon noted the connection between these
two of his paragraphs:

1.
>  Gates thought he was going to be able to control it -- finally had to
>face up to the fact that his lame Blackbird and ViBasic weren't going to
>make it as major WWW players tho, didn't he? Sun and Netscape sure took care
>of that.

2.
>  What is really difficult for me to understand, Annie, is how a product
>like XY, with all the technological lead that they had which made it an
>absolute natural for coming out top-dog in the HTML world, could fall so
>badly behind. I see web-editors coming out of the woodwork everywhere I look
>-- so many I can't believe it, and not even a beta out from TTG.

Apparently, it took some brains for Gates to keep making correct
adjustments in what MS does. Apparently, it's not all "luck" and
just "being in the right place at the right time"--else howcome
Xy/TTG don't own the word-processing world now? Apparently, it
takes brains to make the right decisions.

Ah, if only Gates had bought Xy from Xyquest. Then we would own
the world.

Regards,
Harry

  Harry Binswanger