Re: XyWrite to Go?

>right place at the right time"--else howcome Xy/TTG don't own the
>word-processing world now? Apparently, it takes brains to make the right
>decisions.

  I don't think it's a lack of brains at TTG, per se, it's
probably just the middle aged syndrome -- it gets harder and
harder to grasp new technology as we age -- what they need are
some young, hip, highschool or college kids interning there to
bring them up to speed.

>Ah, if only Gates had bought Xy from Xyquest. Then we would own the world.

 Why, so it could become as slow and brain-dead as everything else
Microsloth sells? MS apps sell because of the massive advertising
hype which appeals to the largely clueless masses, not because of
inherent quality.
 The only reason MS would buy XY would be to kill it off after
taking the best parts of the source code, anyway. They couln't have something that made
Word look bad, could they? No, better to wish that Novell would
buy it. Or Sun.
  OTOH, that ain't such a bad idea, creating a slick web-editor
applet out of XY3, and sending it out all over the net as a
shareware -- if it could be done in time. Rather magnificent
concept actually. Of course, it would have to be cross-platform,
as Java applets have to be, so they'd have to do a real number on
porting it to Java from assembler.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx

hoka hey!

Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this
post is available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or
local equivalent.