Re: XY on tiny screen (OT)

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 21:53:54 +0200, V Ghyoot wrote:

>I removed Linux to install WinXP, but may return to Linux once there is a
>way to run XyWin under it

boy, that would be a nice package -- an installer that would put your copy of
XyWrite onto an Asus EEE running Dosbox (ok, or Wine) under Linux.

here's a story about these little buggers

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/21/technology/21pc.html?pagewanted=1

"Industry analysts say that the emergence of this new class of low-cost,
cloud-centric machines could threaten titans like Microsoft and Intel, or even H.P.
and Dell, because the giants have built their companies on the notion that
consumers want more power and functions built into their next computer."

of course they've been talking about these kind of things for years (remember "thin
clients"?) might not replace my trusty ThinkPad T22, but I definitely see a
disposable computer in my future.

-rafe t.