Converting from XyDos to XyWin

Dear Group,

I am having a hell of a time converting my documents from XyWin to XyWrite
III Plus. It makes all sorts of assumptions I'd rather leave alone.
Anyway, does anyone have input on the subject? Basically, I'm having
trouble with the formatting interpretation. I take it XyWin measures in
inches, and XyDos in ???? Is there any way I can tell XyWin how to measure
the formatting. When I "save as" Xy III Plus, it still does not work. I'd
rather do the document in XyWin, save it as XyWin, and do the formatting as
if it were Xy Dos III Plus. Would this work?

I'm not new at Xywrite, but I'm far from an advanced programmer.

Thanks.

Mimi Gauthier-LeBien