Re: NORTHGATE OMNI PLUS

Glad 0 works for your keyboard. The hardware features that I dislike are: the
keyboard setting of the speed and the delay, which seems to mess up with
XyWrite and the silly idea of having the option to convert shifted comma from <
to , plus shifted period from > to . and to switch ; and : -- all of which
substitutions have to be done together or not at all! So the very people
(writers) who might want the first two have to get the semicolon/colon switch
with it (which is a switch useful only to people who spend their lives at the
C:> prompt and which is disastrous for writers). I'd like to meet the genius
who thought that one up.
  Furthermore, none of the options can be set by software--which means they
can't be put into an autoexec.bat (or any other) file--which means that
everytime you reboot, you have to configure your keyboard by typing in a
sequence of about 5 keystrokes. A clear conflict with the U.S. Constitution,
Article IX, which states that no citizen shall be required to input more than 3
keystrokes to switch into any commonly desired mode.
  Harry